Monday, October 09, 2006

wet day

Friday 6th was quite wet day. It was raining horizontally the whole day. There was tsunami passing us in the ocean and it brought this heavy wind and rain. I was wearing (luckilly) my gore-tex coat and hiking boots so only my jeans got wet, which still wasn't nice. :/

First I tried to buy a cell phone. But I can't do it before I have the bank/post account. Rest of the day I spent choocing courses for this semester. I have to study 30 credits during next 4 semesters (2 years). Both my professor in Finland and the professor here said that it would be most convenient to study those credits as soon as possible. That way I could sooner concentrate fully into my research. So, basically during the next 2 years I have to do 30 credits and a master thesis to Ti-Tech (Tokyo Institute of Technology) and 6 credits and another master thesis to my home university (Helsinki University of Technology). And if possible, to study some japanese at the same time. Luckilly they don't have that long Christmas or summer holidays here in Japan as in Finland... :D

This semester I'll be doing 13 credits for Ti-tech and 6 credits for HUT.


Here they have lots of warning signs evewhere and this was the day's best (in my home station's platform there was dripping some water from the roof).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eiks tsunami ollu satama-aalto?
:O

-Tube