Monday, October 09, 2006

Market for electronics

On saturday 6th, Mikko (pH.D. student from our lab) had sent a message during my morning jog proposing me chance to go to Akihabara, the heaven of electronics. In Akihabara you can find every electronic device and gadget located between heaven and earth. I bought a new computer, pc, from there. I'm using mac and noticed that I'll be having some problems in the near future with the programs used in our lab. So, easiest solution would be to buy a PC. And so I did. It cost approx. 60 000 yens (~400 euros) plus screen which I'm going to buy from Mikko (20 inch wide screen). First time since I came here I was heading to the centre of mighty Tokyo.


On my way to Fujigaoka station I saw few this kind of dressed guys just sitting or standing with these kind of signs...wonder what are they doing? Tommi, Fujita, Yumiko, please help me on this?!


Here train doors are not opening like in Finland if something gets between the doors... :)


In the first car you can see the driver working with the white gloves. Yeah, here also every bus and taxi driver uses white gloves.


In JR's (another of the two train companies working in Tokyo subway) modern cars there is flat screen showing the online route (also in english!) and commercials.


In Akihabara I met Mikko-san and Souichiro-san who were willing to help me buying the PC.


Akihabara is full of this kind of small alleys full of shops selling electronic. We just entered to one alley full of computer shops and started to look for good prices.


Shops are full of everything related to computers...and the best is that the prices are cheaper than in Europe.


After a while we had gathered all the parts for my new PC, we ended up to assemple the computer ourselves 'cause it'll be cheaper and faster than ready made packages. Mikko-san and Souichiro-san promised to help me putting the computer together. Kadota-san joined us during our process, he came to buy a now hard-drive.

Mikko-san had leave after we were ready with computer. With Souichiro-san and Kadota-san we continued the exploring of Akihabara and went to eat a lunch. Miso soup was delisious again! Mmmm...so good.


Got one picture of these shy girls who were giving some flyers for passing people.


From left Kadota-san, me, and Souichiro-san.


On the way back home me and Kadota-san stopped in Shibuya, the main shopping center of Tokyo, and I got to see the Tokyo what I have got used to see from TV. (^_^)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi.
Everyday I have a fun to read your blog.

I know what you want to know.
The guy who dressed and just sitting on the street,is a guide for salesment of apartment(but we call it "mansion".)
He has a sign that shows the place of a new apartment.

In Tokyo(also the arounds),people hardly
to find a house with garden,because Tokyo already doesn't have enough space and it is very expensive.(I can't imagine that cost.)So,a lot of people look for apartments.

Is this enough?

Samu said...

Thank you Yumiko!

I knew that either you, Fujita or Tommi would know what's going on... (^_^)