Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Computer and cell phone

OOooooh, the time with out phone in the most technological country in whole earth is finally over!! I got my own cell phone! Here you have some pics of it.


I love it already. You try to be without a phone 1.5 weeks... I don't know how to operate with it but it doesn't matter. Now I can surf in the world wide web in metro!!! And disturbe all of yours lives all the time by sending emails just to say how sunny the weather is at the moment... ;D


And one more. It's quite simple model (which mens here 3G, 1.3 Mpix. camera, internet, email, and so on) but it was the cheapest. And enough for me...at least for the start. Students get here 50% discount from calls, which is quite good 'cause calling is quite expensive here. Oh, and the phone cost ~
3000 yens...I think.

Today we also started to assemble my new PC. Actually, it's my second pc in my whole short life so far... Ok, but anyway everything went perfectly and the computer is now running smoothly on my table. Thanks from this belongs to Mikko-sempai who helpd me to buy the parts and now to put them together to make a computer. I still have huge job to install all the programs for it (hee, maybe the messenger would finally work...hmmm.).


Here is our working room and my PC on it's half way to become a real computer.


And here it is, ready for continues booting... Tomorrow I'll continue installing more basic programs and maybe clean a bit my table...perhaps put the last parts together with that shiny white thing on my table. BTW, who told to by black DVD-player to the white case..?! Luckilly there is this thing called "paint".

During the assembling process I had time to register my courses for this semester (14 credits) and also start my experiments in the lab. Strange how everthing is counted around here really carefully. How many papers you print and what kind of paper, hoh many liters distilled water you consume, how many milliliters acidic waste you produce and which day and so on...the list is endless. Different that which I have used but it feels somehow more like a way of engineers... (^_^)

On the evening we went to buy a cell phone to me. My tutors Kadota-san and Souichirou-san were willing to come to help me with it. After succesful deal with telecommunication comppanu called "AU" we headed to have dinner together. Traditional japanese cuisine and sake, perfect end for the first busy day.


Kadota-san and Souichirou-san.


Me and o-sake. ;)

Walked to home from the place called Aobadai because I knew the neighbourhood already from my morning jogs. It is a one metro stop from my home station and ~10-15 minutes jog from dormitory. Yep, yesterday our dorm keeper, or how do you call the person who stays in a office of the dorm, told me the place in Aobadai where you can buy english news paper but with the news from Japan. Of course I went to that place this morning and bought the paper on my morning jog. Really, really nice and helpfull lady we have here in our dorm. She gave me the map with mark on that place and the name of the shop. :)



Oh, oh, and what is this blinking led-thing which I found from the middle of the crossroad of the really quiet streets?...like I said earlier no. one in technology.

1 comment:

Samu said...

Moi Val! Kala, kala! Long time since I have heard from you, have you been busy? (ok, every architect is busy always...right?! ;P)

Yep, I take picture from every strange building...ok, not EVERY 'cause then I should take picture from every second building. (^_^) Hee, here eating rice with chopsticks is quite popular...after 2 years I'll really good on it. :) BTW, try japanese food it's better than chinese. It's not as hot and spicy, so better for me.

Hee, my itunes played alphaville's big in japan just when I started to write this blog first time... :D Ok, have to say that it's not true with me...but I'll be talking about that later.