Sunday, October 22, 2006

lab & sushi

Time update this sushi post finally. :) Ok, Saturday 21st I went to lab to do some synthesis. Also my professor from Finland had arrived to Tokyo, so it was good to meet her. I didn't eat anything (except the breakfast) in the whole day (too busy with my experiments...time just fanishes when I'm in the lab). So, I was REALLY hungry when we left the lab with Markus. We headed to first restaurant we could found from Suzukakedai. It just happenened to be a sushi place. First I was a bit suspicious what would happen if I eat raw fish if I'm this hungry. Yumiko happened to call just when we were sitting there and wonderring what to eat. So, I gave the phone to the chef and asked Yumiko to order me, if possible, something cooked food. And what did I got...plate full of sushi. And every time there came some space to my plate when I ate something the chef throwed more fish and octopus. I think I tasted almost the whole selection of that restaurant. But the best part is that everything was really good and my stomach became full.







Hee, when were finishing our dishes there came two local men in. They were drinking cold sake from BIG glasses. Another started to wonder why I drink atsukan, hot sake. I told him that it is my favourite. Then the guy told that he wants to show us which is the best sake in this country and bought us cold sake. And so we stayed in that place an hour more drinking many cold sake and chatting with these drunken guys. Eventually it was revealed that the chef knew the english best from those three japanese. Nice, now I'm not sure anymore that, was it Yumiko's or the chef's idea to make me taste everything from that restaurant. ;P Definitely I'll be returning many times to that restaurant during next two years.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Were you enjoying sushi?

That was chef's and my idea.
I asked chef to put red and white octopus's sushi in your plate. But the chef worried that you eat raw fish or not. Then I said"if he is surprised from raw fish,it's also a fantastic experience."
So,chef decided to serve several kinds of sushi for you.

Anyway,I can say again that you have to learn how to read japanese menu in restaurant.Mostly,people don't speak english in this country.I can help you to learn that.

Samu said...

Yep, tell me about it... Right now I can order only sake, miso-soup and ramen noodles. Learning to read japanese menu will be my next misson in my long jorney of japanese studies. :)

When is the first class..and which restaurant? :D