Sunday, October 22, 2006

Asakusa

Last Friday it was time leave early from lab and head to meet Yumiko-san and do some sightseeing in the temple area of Asakusa. Yumiko and I met last spring in Sofia, Bulgaria when I was travelling around Balkan and Eastern Europe. Yumiko was in Bulgaria as an exchance student. And have to mention here that she speaks quite good bulgarian (although I don't know any, but if you can read a book without dictionary it tells something about your language skills in that language).

And let the pictures tell th erest of the story...


Big golden ****.


We entered to this market place full of tourits and stuff for them...to us I mean.


Rice cake which tastes both salty and sweet at the same time. Much better than those cardboard tasting cakes which I was eating while still competing in kick-boxing.


What is this guy doing with a seaweed..?? Hope that those sandals are clean...or maybe it's part of the taste. ;)


Oh, my favourite cartoon hero! I want it, I want it...too expensive.


And we on the way to the holy temple.


Breath that smoke and it will bring luck.


Wash your hand and you will get/bring even more luck and happines to this world.

Oh, there was also this "kind of" well inside of the temple where you could throw coins to bring even more happines! But not 10 yen coin, like I was about to do...luckilly I didn't erase my smoke breathing and washing hands by throwing wrong kind of coins to the darkness of the big square well-thing. :)


Temple area.


Small street in Asakusa.


Nice way to travel and do some sightseeing...


Guarding beaver in the street (of beavers...).


Nice, who wants to try?


Hee, even better.


I have to get pair of those slippers.


This place is full of strange looking buildings.


And again.


Traditional japanese tea in a tea house.


We had to check the temple also when it got dark.


"Spirited away"


Pidgeon statues...yep, it's quite strange that you see hardly any pidgeons around here, I mean in Tokyo, and half of them are just statues.


Dinner in a small, cozy restaurant where you had to sit on a pillow and table was really small. I drank only sake (warm) and some soucho...still no beer for me.


After the dinner we headed to Ginza, a bit more modern area than Asakusa.


Old looking building, and somehow familiar...city hall or what was it?


Local police kiosk.


That I would call a nice location for a appartment.


World biggest bathroom! (creation from some crazy famous architect:)


Finally I got to experience THE full train. And yeah, got to the last train for the first time, so no got to sleep much earlier than usually. :D

And finally many many thanks to Yumiko-san. The day and night was wonderful! Hope that this will happen again.


Oh, almost forgot...found cider from a irish pub (actually two different labels). :D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That you were drinking after atsukan is not soucho.....that was "shouchu".

Also I had much fun at that day.
I feel a bit of release when I'm speaking english or another foreign language.(only bulgarian I speak in foreign languages...I learned German but forgot...)
Speaking foreign language is not only communication,but also like as puzzle game. That's exciting for me.

Samu said...

"That you were drinking after atsukan is not soucho.....that was "shouchu". "

...uops... ;P

Unknown said...

You wrote it and its name is not correct,I mean.