Wednesday, October 18, 2006

First earthquake!

It was so weird to wake up on this feelig that I was gently swinging or shaking (hard to describe it...kind of mixture of those both) in my bed. When I really woke up, I couldn't feel anything....It was so weird. I wasn't sure that did I really experienced a earthquake or was I just dreaming. Hee, both options sounds quite nice...it felt so real. :D I asked about it from the others in the lab and they confirmed that there was earthquake at this morning. It was quite small one, strenght was 1-2 in the measuring scale (Richter?).

And in the lab still... Had to visit the main campus (Ookayama) to get my ATM card so I started todays experiments quite late. BTW, visited today first time the library of my campus. Ok, library is library everywhere, long and tall rows of books and the smell of old paper. But had to mention my visit because of this small technical detail. There was a gate with card reader so you can't get in without official student ID card. Nice, and of course borrowing books was done with separate machines by yourself (technology rules!). ;)


Me entering to the library (picture taken with my cellphone...and Souichiro-san's finger seems to be partly on the lense :).

No comments: