Thursday, October 05, 2006

"RAESAENEN"

Sorry, no posting yesterday 'cause internet was down in our dormitory. Ok, but today it seems to work again...hmmm, let's see what happened yesterday. Oh, oh! I forgot to mention that at first day in staying here I also did my laundry for first time (was so busy in Finland that didn't have time to do laundry). That was quite an experience with a machine full of buttons with katakana and kanji signs. Luckilly I can read katakana signs, and found button which said "starttoo". And got machine working...so now I have some clean clothes to wear again. :)

Yep, since yesterday my last name is "Raesaenen" instead of "Räsänen". You can't just simply leave those dots away from the a-letters, like I have done normally. Hee, got a lecture in the ward office about the topic how to change special letters like "Ä", "Ö", "Å", é, etc. to a "normal" letters... Anyway, now it says "Raesaenen" in every official document which I'll get in here.

Ok, we (group of international students from dormitory) spend the whole day in ward office doing the alien registration and waiting trains which had crashed and opening bank accounts (huge process BTW). We have to open one account to the bank and another one to the post office. Then we have to transfer some money which comes to post account (scholarship) to the bank account so that we can pay our rents, nice...?! Hee, girls really like wear mini skirts and long boots it seems. :) Ok, then some pictures and no more boring plaaa, plaa...plaa stuff.


Ward office, try guess how many times I needed help with filling my forms 'cause they wanted there many things written with kanji.


Ok, japanese recycling style...when do I learn to find right ones without looking always inside?!


Amazing, clever indeed! Umberella strorage with small locks...and it's free. Now the floor of the buildin won't get wet from so many umbrellas wondering around inside.


Nice park. One day I want to have picture with that statue...


:D


Safety first. Not all subway lines have this kind of fences.


Building from our main campus called "O-okayama".


More O-okayama campus.


And the main building from O.


Typical toilet. Ok, I was a bit scared 'cause the first toilet in the airport was like this. Like toilets in our campuses (O-okayama and Suzukakedai). Luckilly there are also normal toilets with toilet seats...like here in our dormitory. :)

No comments: