Monday, October 09, 2006

Sightseeing 1

Sunday morning (8th of Oct) me and Inga headed to do some sightseeing in Tokyo. Inga is from Lithuania and doing her pH.D. in our lab. She is getting her doctor degree from Ti-Tech soon. She has studied her pH.D. degree in 2 years here in Japan. So, hard working last two years and no time for sightseening. Then now it's perfect timing for sightseeing. I'm a new commer and she will be leaving soon so we can go together to see the wonders of Tokyo. Then afterwards it's my time to start to work hard.

Ok, here you have lots of pictures from sunday. I try to put them in somekind of order and say couble of words from them. But lets keep this boring text part short and dive in to the pics of Tokyo (I now that half of you will skip the text part anyway;).

Some backround for interested. We started at 10 am. from Futago-tamagawa station from where we headed to Shibuya. From there we walked around maybe an hour or two, saw places which names I can't remember...I'll skip the names which I can't remember this time. I'll start putting names when I start knowing them better. Next we headed to Shinjuku station (main station in Tokyo) and walked around that area rest of the day. We ended our trip to top floor of the hotel known from the movie "Lost in Translation", Park Hyatt Tokyo.


Inga surrounded by japanese.


Can't express by words that happiness which was shining from the faces of these small children when I replyed in japanese "thank you very much" when they gave me somekind of flyer. =)


It is possible to find also empty streets from Tokyo. My first impression from Tokyo starts to be different that I thought before comming here. It is not even closely as full of people as I thought. Ok, one day I'll go to Shinjuku at rush hour just to experience the crowded Tokyo. ;)


Nice way to cross the street.


From the centrum you can find a big and green park. Exploring this park will have to wait for some other day.


Old looking temple next to modern buildings.


So cute station here in the center.


And more streets of Tokyo.


And again.


It seems that you find crowded streets on Sunday also...


View from outside of Sinjuku station (don't ask me which entrance, there are quite many...;).


Lots of cars but still doesn't disturb me or my lungs...or then I just can't feel it any more after working few years in a smokey irish pub... ;)


Bridges, streets and buildings.


She has learnt to bend over in proper way with that short skirt... ;D

The Shinjuku are is full of street performancers on Saturdays and Sundays what I heard. Here you have some performancers which we saw during the day:
















And bact to streets again (Shinjuku).


Manga commercial, that guy was constantly shouting something...


McDonalds in japanese.


Have you ever wondered what is inside of ATM's and such a machines, we had a once life time chance to see inside the "matrix".


Convenient..


You can find all kind of buildings from Tokyo.


Big hotels in the center.


Is there something missing from this building?


More tall buildings. But actually there is not as much skyscrapers as I was expecting here in Tokyo...


Bridge building site...look at the size!


Opera house.


That guy is not afraid of hights...and working on Sunday. :)


Smallest fireman in the whole city.


Sight from window of 52nd floor in the Park Hyatt Tokyo (from movie "Lost in Translation"). After this picture battery of my camera was totally dead.

We were not let inside the sky bar located in that floor (hee, I was wearing sandals with rolled jeans). Then we decided to come back for better pictures and for drinks some other time. It was time to head home. Couldn't yet feel the tiredness anywhere else than in my legs. In the last train to home I fell a sleep and conveniently woke up one stop before mine. Still had a real fight againts the sleep to keep awake that one stop. I walked to home (bought some food on a way) and talked with my family via skype for a while before falling a sleep. What a perfect day in a perfect place.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes,I feel same about Macdonalds,also want to take a picture.

When I was in Bulgaria,I was shocked that Macdonalds is witten in Cyrilic.And then,when I came back to Japan last summer,it's in Japanese is more funny for me!

How is it in your country?

Samu said...

Hee, good question... How is it in Finland? Now guys, help me up. The one who will next pass by mcdonalds will give the answer, right?

I would guess that there isn't anything written in finnish... :)

Unknown said...

hey nerd,
haha man you solved the biggest question (oke oke after the question: what will happen after 1999 at 23:59) and that is: who or what is inside the ATM! just a man with a hat!

oke man go on writing I like it, and it is a good reason to do something else.

Take care Samu-san

Anonymous said...

Mc Donald's is Mc Donald's also here in Finland :)

Samu said...

monkey: no no, nooo...now I can't sleep! And it's already night (00:55), tell me what happened after 1999 23:59:59!!! bastard...u have the skype already?

Heli: Thanks!