Tuesday, October 03, 2006

First day in the land of the rising sun

Yesterday (Finnish time 7:30) started my adveture to new culture for next 2 years. One third of luggages were lost right at the beginnig. I fell a sleep in a Tokyo subway. Got lost in the darkening home district of mine.

Nice start indeed for the trip. Lady said that I have 12 kg over weight (30€/kg) and of course she insested to weight my hand luggage also...15 kg...auts! So, eventually I took only 6 kg over and paid only for 3. Timo, THANK YOU once more for taking care of that extra luggage (this will be rewarded with some quality sake).


Subway in Tokyo. And I should take the purple one..time to lear to survive in this city.


Who told me that this city would be REALLY crowded?!


Hee, arrows guiding you in the stairs from metro.

Today I was really effective. Got my appartment, visited my workplace (material scinces reseach lab), got adapters for electric devices. And got so tired that I was sleeping in a metro like local people...just woke up at my station. That was close. But of course when it got dard outside I was lost at the same moment (yeah, these streets just look here so same...)


My room for next year (1/2).


The room (2/2).

Tomorow there will be orientation day and early wake up and my fingers are not in control of my brains any more. So, perhaps some more pictures from this facinating place tomorrow.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,Samuli!!!
Welcome to Japan!
How is your japanese life?
I gonna go to Tokyo next week,maybe.
Can we see somewhere?

Marjukka said...

Hui, sa oot jo siella! Niin terkuja taalta lantiselta pallonpuoliskolta eli New Yorkista talla kertaa. :D Muista pitaa meidat ajantasalla eli kirjotella kuulumisia ahkerasti!

Unknown said...

hey Kaptain Samu,
I think it was a good idea to give you the training week in the Balkan to learn how to read maps. Here in Holland everything is oke; lots of work, studie and......rain. This eagle has lost his nest and is looking for some nice fresh meet. I will keep you up for some details. And offcourse I wanna hear some nice jucy details of your explorance in the Japaneese culture, language barriere (man the chineese wall is nothing compared to your lanuage barriere) and offcourse chicks!

Take care my friend and hope to see you once ever I-dont-know-where

Camiel!

Unknown said...

hey samu,
this is a game with Pietro: I was talking with him and we said: the first one who write a comment on your blog wins a free trip to Japan (who it is gonna pay we dont know yet) (hehe man my humor is getting lower and lower) Man I havent seen your blog for half a day and you wrote already a complete encelypedia!! haha man studie studie!!!! It is nice to see all your pictures and it remembers me to the nice times we had in trips, drinks and fitness. You see the world true the camera and that is nice.

Oke I have to act that I am working, so take care of all the girls ( like i do not do)

Camiel

ps: Pietro I am gonna win!!!