Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Campus festival

Last Sunday was quite busy day. I woke up at 10:30 am (alarm clock was set to go off at 9:00, but I forgot it in the silence mode;) and first went to the lab. Couble of hours in the lab, putting some new samples into the furnace. Then went to see the only krav-maga gym in the whole Tokyo. Which BTW, looked really nice. Only problem is that it's far away and freaking expensive. Ok, and even though it's really shiny and commercial looking KM gym I thought to give it a try. I have to start to do something to keep my mind focused...

From other side of the Tokyo I went straight to our main campus where there was this years "Campus Festival". Freshmen students even have Monday free from the school because of this festival.


Yep, something is happening here.


2 days festival can be tiring.


Cyberball. I really wonder when comes the day that when I go to sleep, I can say that "today I didn't see anything abnormal"?!


Wow, students are selling some drinks! Hee, all of the tents selling something were students of our university and all of them told me that they are collecting money for a big party. So, these guys were having a party to collect money to have even bigger party...(^_^)


That guy has to be a chemist 'cause he's melting a test tube...


Nice.


Yep, definitely chemists have something to do with this...

I was right, a chemist recognises a chemist. In no time I was in the 3rd floor of the main building and in a laboratory of the polymer chemists. Blowing glass is part of their education. Hee, in our uni (in Finland) we made only simple capillars, where these guys here knows really how to play with glass. I saw some really complicated apparatus made by those polymer chemists. Now I have invitation to go in that lab when ever I want to.


There was stage but unfortunately there was only stand-up comedy shows left, all the bands had finished earlier. :/


These architects were selling oobanyaki's which is like a small pancake which has something sweet inside. And BTW, sweet in Japan is not the same thing as sweet in Finland. I think that finnish morning porridge (without salt) is considered as a sweet taste here... :)

After festival we went to see some show wrestling with Israel and his german/swedish class mate. Israel had a friend who woukd have let us in for free. But unfortunately it was already over and so I had ended up second time that day to the other side of Tokyo. Luckilly we got a car ride back to our dormitory from Israeli's friend. First time got on to the Rainbow bridge.


Ashtray key ring. Yep, imagine how clean all the streets are here when people really don't throw anything to the ground.

No comments: