Thursday, April 24, 2008

Shower & Newspaper

This morning I didn't repeat the yesterday's mistake and was the fastest early bird to catch the juiciest worm. Shower at prime time! A nurse told me when I asked that name can be written to the reservation list starting at 7 am. I was holding the pencil at 07:00:03.


Had scary moment when I went for some X-rays. The nurse there removed my brace and told me turn around. The knee should be nearly locked to its position for the time being. Carefully I turned using all my muscles in the leg to keep the knee STEADY.


Had a visitor today to cheer my day. Souichiro-san from my lab came all the way from our lab just to see how I was doing. Was glad to see my busy friend (Souchi started doctor studies just while ago).


Yesterday's missing postings were due to a Finnish private detective novel. "Tappajan nakoinen mies" by Matti Ronka kept me in tight grip for whole day and half of the night. Also finished from my library the "Bushido" (forgot the writer), "The book of five rings" by Miyamoto Musashi and "The book of family traditions on the art of war" by Yagyou Munenori. The bushido was a bit too philosofic (flying a bit to high for me) but I liked the latter two books.


To use this splendid opportunity, being stuck in a one place with loads of time, I started to learn to play the Go (ancient chinese board game, 19x19 board with white and black stones). Also started to practice meditation...as I'm at the beginning of the book/cd, I've found that I have done something similar trough whole my life without knowing it's called meditation. Just have been always amused to explore simple things in my mind. At the first class I was instructed to concentrate just for breathing for 20 minutes. It feels good...looks like I'm on way to get 2 new hobbies. ;)


As picture shows got today first newspaper in english. Has been these days totally in news shadow. Japan Times dispersed some light into that shadow. Akira-san's wife brought it to me. She and Akira-san are really spoiling me here... ;D


Ok, time to have some snack and dive in to Viktor Karppa's world in Matti Ronka's next novel.

No comments: