Friday, April 11, 2008

Operation

Just got out from my doctors office. He gave me an introduction of the operation. I saw from MRI-picture how my ACL is totally missing from left knee. The reconstruction is done using autogenous hamstring tendon taken from same same leg. He'll drill holes to the bones and attach the ends of tendon using titanium pieces. Another of them has to be moved later (〜1.5 years). Other stays inside me as a memory.


On Sunday I should return here around 3pm. No more eating after 9pm. On Monday the operation and next day rehabilitation starts. Have to use a wheelchair until the pain lets me to raise up. The doctor's oppinion was still 3 weeks hospitalization starting from the operation day.


And what comes to possible complications, the only one, according to my surgeon, is the risk of infection. So the surgery itself sounds like a piece of cake for him.


Now have to wait to meet the anesthesian doctor. Hehe, in Finland I met the anesthesian first and last time when laying on the operation table. After few friendly words exchanged Iwas out of this world. Next thing I remember was a huge hunger while distantly hearing nurses ordering pizza in the wake up room. Still don't know was it for real or were they just having fun with me...


Btw, tomorrow I'll be running for the last time for a while. Better enjoy it good!

No comments: