Saturday, November 04, 2006

Mission impossible

...And after 4 hours and 51 minutes, hundreds of traffic lights, thousands of people on foot and many many cars and motorcycles it is accomplished.

"Impossible", I was said when I was planning to get the bicycle from Markus who is soon returning to Finland and wants to give his bike to me. The problem was that the bicycle was in totally other side of Tokyo. You can't take it in to the train...so why not to bicycle it home. Last saturday took train to Odaiba and started bicycling with 2 liters of water and 2 maps, no compass (didn't have time to get one). My plan was to ride the bike home or to some station if it would turn to be impossible to reach home on one day. But giving up isn't really me...

And here you have some pictures from bike adventure through the Tokyo.


Time to head once again to the unknown. Hope that this time I can read the map right...quite big place this to go wrong direction.


There seems to be infinite amount of strange buildings in this city...


Closing to Ginza...


...And the Ginza. These people are going to slow me down a bit...




Peaceful place in center of Tokyo.




Here you see many different kind of motor vehicles... :) With bicycle it was nice to pass all the cars standing in the red lights. ;)






Street roulette?


Sometimes road was quite narrow.


Lots of young people grilling at the river bank.


Hee, the sign.


I did it. Survived before dark.


And here is the whole route from google earth.

3 comments:

valentina said...

samu samu!you look like a real scientist in the pic!!!
your pic are very nice!my blog is not so interesting.i did it about a course.
supersurfaces-valentina.blogspot.com
szia!!!
promise to do a personal too

Samu said...

Hee, I'm almost a real scientist!...and it feels damn good!! ;) Every day when I come to lab I'm smiling and my eyes are weirdly gleaming.

My greek isn't quite at the level that I could understand your blog...but pics surely look interesting...when will they build that kind of structures??!

valentina said...

yep,that's truth..it s in greek..its not ready fro being a structure yet.we re just folding the paper trying to find an algorithm with wich we ll create either a building or a furniture.however,not with paper.
come on you re in japan!havent you seen the origami technique?