Thursday, November 09, 2006

Encounter with police

Hee, just got home from the lab. I was bicycling home when in the mid way of my journey I was stopped by two police men. I think I had to use all my japanese learnt so far when explaining what I'm doing there with the bike. Ok, they didn't speak more than three words of english but luckilly they understood a bit more. ID-card was checked (luckilly I got it today) as also register number of my bike...or should I say Markus' bike. I don't know how that works. But anyway, they were nodding when I explained that I got that bike from another FINNISH who is just about to leave the country. They made a phone call to check it and finally let me go. Wow, they were so nice and polite. Ok, not in that way as the ladies in Mcdonalds counter or in groceries but the way that you still felt that you are dealing now with some authorities.

Ok, time to sleep. Tomorrow is the studying day, lectures from 9.00-16.30.

No comments: