Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Knee injury

Good and bad news. The good news is that it wasn't either of the injuries the doctor suspected (LCL or meniscus injury) and the bad is that it may be even worse. At the moment only 100% sure are multiple bone bruises (healing itself in 2 months). Not clearly seen from the pictures but highly suspected are partial or full ACL rupture and cartilage injury (which both need a surgery from where the recovery takes at least 6 months).


The doctor gave me two options: 1) immediate surgery or 2) waiting for 2 months to see if the surgery is really needed. He said that surgery is not in a hurry and can be done later as good as now. After he promised me a good brace for the knee, which would aloud immediate training, I selected the latter option. Tomorrow I'll get the brace and I'll be back in the dojo tomorrow evening. Cross your fingers that it's not the ACL injury and will see after 2 months how is my knee. (^_^)b


One of the MRI pictures from my left knee.

1 comment:

Samu said...

ACL = eturistiside