Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fugu

After Beppu and many onsens there was only one thing to do in this trip before I was ready to return home, eating blowfish (fugu). Wanted to taste this deadly poisonous fish. Tourist office worker happened to know an owner of one fugu restaurant in Oita city. She organised for me special opportunity to taste this fasinating fish. So, after morning onsen took train to Oita and headed to fugu restaurant.


At this moment strange feeling raising in my stomach, where did I get myself this time. I got own small room for eating...if I die other customers are not bothered.


Sashimi fugu (raw blowfish) and a liver of fugu. Liver is the source of the poison and that's why the most poisonous part in the whole fish. Liver was specially asked for me by the lady from Tourims Oita. She told that it's common around here for people to the liver even though it's somehow forbidden in Japan. Like she said: "you don't have to try it if you are afraid..."


Seems that I survived...still not feeling dizzy and the liver is finished. Huge lunch they prepared for me and got 40 percent discount from it, unbelievable.

No comments: