Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ohanami


Last Saturday we had Ohanami party (cherry blossom viewing party) together with our lab members. It's traditional Japanese custom to go and have picnic under cherry trees in this time of year (actually week before was optimum time...now flowers were flying down). Weather was like in Wappu (1st of May) in Finland...only warmer and without rain. ;P


Traditional group pic. From up and left: Izumi-san, Motohashi-san, Imamura-san, Maarit-sensei, Kadota-san, Mikko-san, Nomura-san, Ono-san, Egashira-san, me, Yamauchi-sensei, Irie-san, Tanaka-san, and behind my antic sony The master of ceremony-Souchiro-san.


Had to woke up really early. Even with 2 alarm clocks woke up 1 hour later than I had planned. But still I got in time to our lab to get my sample out of TG (thermo gravimetry) and carry huge picnic cover to the picnic place.


Guys were helping of course. :)


Ohanami was held in Ookayama campus which is our University's main campus (40 min. by train from our campus).


Souichiro-san, our party organiser, getting redy for today's party...


Me and small cherry tree.


Everybody brought their own lunch boxes. Drinks and snacks were on the house.


Main building of Tokyo University of Technology.







After the Ohanami party returned to lab, worked few hours and head to Roppongi. But not for party, as someone could expect, actually I'm really fed up with the place. Nowadays I go there only to participate monthly "tosimiesten ilta". Ok, but this night I went to see a movie with my friend Yuko-san.


Interesting cinema.


Roppongi hills, could be expensive to live in that building...

No comments: