Wednesday, April 11, 2007

25 hours 24 minutes...

...time left to get ready my samples to be sent to Taiwan for measurements.

Phuuuuh, just got my last 2 samples in furnace and they should be baked tomorrow evening. Finally I can go home and sleep a bit. Tomorrow is the judo day so better to rest. ;) Hopefully everything goes well now...unlike today. Lots of problems with machines and top of all, lost my starting material for new samples (it takes 30 hours to make new starting material). Luckilly found it from a trashbin. Throw it there in the morning when I was already late from a radiation lecture.

Heehee, that reminded me the differencies of radiation laws here and europe. Here I can't get near to anything even related to radiactive without official certificate. To get this you need to take radiation lectures for 6 hours, practical part another 6 hours, and medical check up (I bet that they want to take X-ray from lungs again...already had it twice, one for application for this school and another last October when I came here). In Budapest visited two different nuclear reactors (BUTE and KFKI) without anyone asking more than my name. Also made some wet chemical experiments with radioactive solutions. So, here they are quite serious about radiation safety.

Ok, time to go home now...one more looooong day ahead (yeah you wish...uncountable number at the moment :P).

No comments: