Tuesday, January 23, 2007

At the moment...

I'm sitting in the lab. Finally my blog is updated...phuuuh. Ok, one mission accomplished another one waiting. Every Friday morning we have a study meeting, where one of the students of our lab is teaching others about some chosen topic. At the moment we are doing the book of "Thermodynamics of Solids" and guess whos turn it is this Friday..?! Yep, and with the topic: "Free Energy of Binary Systems". Better to get started, time is ticking.

Before getting into the interesting world of thermodynamics, and always so lovely differential equations, let me sum up what has been going on lately.

Weekly meeting last week's Monday. So, busy weekend with preparing presentation to it. Now I started to work with my Master's thesis. Every two weeks I have to send a version of it to my professor in Finland. This Monday was first deadline. No sleeping between Sunday and Monday.... Last night I enjoyed alot and slept 10 hours. Can't even remember when I have last time slept that much. (^_^) Oh, almost forgot. I passed the BIG EXAM which I did that Friday before going to Nara. What a relief. Only Master's thesis missing from my degree!

Chinese bicycle went broken two weeks ago. It's still like that 'cause can't find the broken part. I would need the chain-connector part...so far no luck. Local way seems to be, if there is only a flat tyre, to buy a new bicycle. Soon I've to follow it also. Miss bicycling and using a train is slow. Those cheap bicycles are probably meant only to use for few hundred kilometers in their life span.

Hmmm, What else? Oh yes, my knee didn't like that half marathon. Now it doesn't let me do even basic 30 min. morning jogging. It starts to hurt a lot and walking is painful for a one week. Better not to run. Now my goal to run full marathon is postponed a bit. But we'll see what happens in the future.

Found some pictures from my cell phone.


One pic from our BIG Christmas cleaning day.


Funny fish in the river next to my jogging route. When I stop on the bridge, they gather together under me...strangest fish I've seen in my life.


Filling a tank with liquid nitrogen. Cool stuff (-196 Celsius deg.).


One of the best things work in a lab studying superconductors. You play with them. (^_^)


And once more. A pellet of superconducting material, cooled to -196 degree, floating in air under a magnet.

No comments: