Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympic bar

Slept over this morning. Was supposed to wake up at 9 to go to gym before heading to beach. Woke up 10 past 10. Exploded to motion - packed my bag for gym, beach and weekend trip to island. Ate or actually drank my breakfast (2 bananas, 3 eggs and 0.5 liters of milk mixed in blender) and headed to gym at Ookayama campus. Took few running steps to save time at the campus. My shirt was totally wet. They said that today is the hottest day of this summer, +36 in shadow. What a great day to go to beach!

I had 1 hour to finish my program, without taking shower, to meet the planned schedule with other people. Made warm up as usually, loaded the bar for bench but had to postpone it because was missing the spotter. Started to load the bar for squatting. Did warm up sets and moved to todays goal 115 kg. Relaxed my mind and went trough all 20 repetitions to get to right fighting mood. Raised the bar and started squatting. After 3 reps started to see small stars - usually they appear around 10 reps. Around 9 rep the weight started to feel REALLY heavy. After barely raising up from 11th rep the legs were jelly. 12th rep I could only control the speed how fast gravity pulled my ass to the floor. Safety bar took the weights of my back.

Breathing DEEP I thought how is this possible! On Tuesday I did 112.5kg without proplems so this shouldn't be this hard. Thought that today just isn't a day for squats and started to unload the bar. Middle of the job I realized that I was using a olympic bar weighting 20 kg... I had loaded the bar without thinking as I always do in the other gym...which has bars weighting 10 kg. No wonder it felt heavy today. Left gym smiling after finishing the rest of the program - on time.

No comments: