Tuesday, February 06, 2007

shopping and judo

Fixed THREE holes from the back tire of my bike on last Wednesday night. Thanks to hint from my dad, I was also able to fix the problem with chains getting off all the time. So, everything fine with the bike? Nope. Thursday morning on my way to lab tire went flat ONCE AGAIN. I continued with empty tire to school. If I wouldn’t have been in a hurry to morning class, the dear “mama chari” would be in the bottom of the river…


Next class was cancelled so asked from our student office where could find cheap bike. They are always so helpful and they didn’t let me go before they had called all around Tokyo and Yokohama in order to find the cheapest bike. Finally I was walking to the train station the map to the shop in my pocket. One hour later I was bicycling back to school with my brand new “oritatami-bicycle” (bicycle which you can “fold” smaller and take in train...hopefully). It took me 50 min. to cycle back to school and I missed only 5 min. of my next lesson. My new beauty has 6 gears and nice looking appearance. Only problem is that it’s so small. But hey, it’s a perfect work out. ;)


Gym with two wheels.


Gas station in small space. :)


What else…? Oh yes, started a new old hobby. I put judogi (judo uniform) on me first time since I was 11 years old boy. Felt damn good. From now on there will be judo training at least once a week. Krav-maga I’ll do only in seminars every now and then. It’s way too expensive to go local (the only one in whole town) KM-gym once week to do push ups. Here at the school’s gym I can do it for free…twice a week.


Not only the training of judo is fun but the atmosphere in the dojo is so nice. Can you imagine, when I went there on Saturday afternoon just to meet the sensei (my tutor organized it day before after I was able to find the gym), he insisted me to join their evening training. But told him that I haven’t done judo for last 15 years and I don’t even have judogi. No problem, he promised to borrow one of his old ones and so I was practicing throws once again. Heehee, really got practicing ukemi when did some sparring in the end with young Japanese girl. Got lesson how the technique overcomes the power. :D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!
Nice that you have found back to the roots of your trainings. Where you can take interest in Judo unless in Japan?
You haven't be in Skype awhile?! Nice bike that you have... Let's see how long it going to serve your needs ;)

Samu said...

I wouldn't bet my money on this bike...2 years is a long time for a chinese bicycle, with me lol. Although, it has 1 year warranty...

Hansku said...

Täälläkin ollaan vihdoinkin skype-valmiudessa!